MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (MOCIT)
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Department of Information Technology (DIT) since its inception has been giving importance to research and development. Promotion of research & development efforts in electronics and related fields in the country has been one of the major activities of Department of Information Technology.
1. Microelectronics & Nanotech Development Programme
2. Technology Development Council
3. Convergence, Communication & Strategic Electronics
4. Components & Material Development Programme
5. Electronics in Health
6. Human Computer Interface - TDIL
7. E- Commerce & Info-Security
8. IT for Masses (Telemedicine)
9. Media Lab Asia
10. Photonics Development
11. Industrial Applications
· Supports Research and Development projects for promotion of indigenous technologies in identified thrust areas.
Academic Institutes, Research Laboratories and Industries with proven track-record in R&D may submit proposals for consideration of funding by Department of Information Technology.
Application for submitting a project proposal for consideration of financial support by DIT are to be made in the prescribed FORMAT and three copies are required to be sent to the concerned contact person depending upon the area of the project proposal any time during the year.
V. Areas of research support
· Information Technology (Hardware/Software)
· Convergence, Communication & Broadband Techniques
· Micro-electronics & Photonics
· Industrial Electronics
· E-Commerce & Information Security
· Electronic Components & Material
· Strategic Electronics
· Rural Application
· Health & Biotechnology
· Materials and Components including Microwaves & Millimeter waves
· Emerging Areas of Information Technology
· Human Computer Interface/Language Technology
Staff salaries, capital equipment, components & consumables, travel, overheads, contingencies.
Building and infrastructural facilites.
Evaluation and appraisal of project proposals is done through a Working Group consisting of eminent scientists and industrial experts and academicians, who recommend the proposals for consideration of funding by DIT.
A Project Review and Steering Group (PRSG) comprising of representatives from DIT and other experts periodically monitors the project in technical and financial aspects.
<![if !mso]> <![endif]> <![endif]--><![if !vml]><![endif]>